Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Well, that's new.

Yesterday in the wee hours of the morning I was woken up by something falling in my closet. When I turned on the light, a snorkel and a lone scuba flipper were lying on the floor. There weren't any cats in the closet at the time who could've knocked things over, and I have yet to find the second flipper.

While working on the draft of a story, I found myself stuck on details. This isn't unusual for me, but the particular detail was: "I need to pin down the motivation for this walking suit of armor!"

And today, it took me less than an hour to complete the second draft of another short story. That's unprecedented. And exciting! I officially have one story ready to send off with my Clarion application. Now, it's on to revising the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. :)