Monday, June 8, 2009

Bookalanche 2009 update - June

Since I'm about to move and have the inventory sitting in a box next to my bed, it seems a good time to update this.

Bookalanche 2009 Current Stats:

(crossed off = finished, crossed off with star * = done with this book but didn't get through it, --- = currently reading)

Borrowed Books (1, down 11):

Sandman vol. VI Fables and Reflections - Neil Gaiman
Sandman vol. VII Brief Lives - Neil Gaiman
Sandman vol. VIII Worlds' End - Neil Gaiman
Sandman vol. IX The Kindly Ones - Neil Gaiman
Sandman vol. X The Wake - Neil Gaiman

Death: The Time of Your Life - Neil Gaiman
Death: The High Cost of Living - Neil Gaiman*
Sandman: The Dream Hunters - Neil Gaiman*
Sandman: Endless Nights - Neil Gaiman*
Magic's Pawn - Mercedes Lackey
The Bone People - Keri Hulme
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer


Books bought upon friends' recommendations (4, down 1):
The Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks
World War Z - Max Brooks
Reaper Man - Terry Pratchett
Jumper - Steven Gould
Superflirt - Tracy Cox

Books I've been meaning to read since I first heard about them (7):
-----Fragile Things - Neil Gaiman
American Gods - Neil Gaiman
Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman
The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
True Talents - David Lubar (goes with the other Lubar book in the Misc section)
The Psychology of Harry Potter: an Unauthorized Examination of the Boy Who Lived - ed. Neil Mulholland, PhD
-----Palimpsest - Catherynne M. Valente

Books my dad gave me ages ago (3):
The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
The Satanic Verses - Salman Rushdie
Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight - Alexandra Fuller

Total impulse purchases (7):
The Traveler - John Twelve Hawks
Small Eternities - Michael Lawrence
Orbiter - Warren Ellis
-----The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl - Barry Lyga
Five Seasons of Angel - ed. Glen Yeffeth
The Rising - Brian Keene
Dinosaur Planet Survivors - Anne McCaffrey

Books from my high school English classroom (5):
-----Beowulf: A New Telling - Robert Nye
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
-----Tex - S.E. Hinton
That was then, this is now - S.E. Hinton
Rumble Fish - S.E. Hinton

Misc (2, down 1):
The Dog Years - Mark Doty (Bought for class, then it got dropped from the syllabus)
Hidden Talents - David Lubar (a reread, to get to the sequel)
You Don't Know Me - David Klass (another reread)

Total: 29, down 13

I've officially read more books for fun this year than I have any year since high school - and it's only June. Not bad at all!

I'm also currently reading
The Red-haired Girl from the Bog: The Landscape of Celtic Myth and Spirit by Patricia Monoghan and Things I’ve Learned from Women Who’ve Dumped me (an essay collection), and rereading Dream Boy by Jim Grimsley. Also, a friend from work just gave me his loaner copy of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. That brings my total number of books I'm currently reading up to...eight, soon to be nine (soon as I crack open JTHM).

1 comment:

  1. American Gods is my all time very favorite book. So I tried to like Anansi Boys . . . but it just didn't grab me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this blog are moderated. :)