Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More virulent than the flu virus, but produces prettier results

Until recently, I had only one purple shirt in my closet and owned no purple yarn. Then the Purple Epidemic hit.

We'll call this Patient Zero:


Infected June 2009. Transmitted the purple virus to my apartment.

Masks were given out and hand washing instructions posted in all restrooms, but at the end of the month, another fiber project contracted the virus.


In mid-July, it jumped to spinning fiber, worming its way into a color transition experiment. Note how the purple creeps up through the blacks and reds - its progression seems slower in this carrier.


If infection continues at this rate, my apartment may need to be quarantined. I've separated the purple-infected projects from my green vacation Clapotis, but I'm certain that will be purple soon, too.


Send non-perishable foodstuffs and yellow yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. :)