Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It took me way too long to discover this.

Audio books: GREAT IDEA.

How did I go so many years having never listened to one? (Pretentious book nerd side of brain: "Because nothing will ever match the tactile experience of reading a physical book! E-books and audio books and Kindles, roar grr argh!")

I downloaded Cory Doctorow's Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom for class this week and realized ten minutes in that I could multitask while taking in a book this way and still enjoy the story. This was supposed to be one of those weeks where I'd be so buried in class work that I wouldn't have time for much else. Instead, I knitted the entire time I listened to Down and Out.

Here is the Ethel Mildred Ferguson sweater body so far, pinned together to test the sizing. I only had about half of the rows on that front panel done when I hit Play on the first chapter.
I'm definitely going to listen to more audio books while I knit from now on. Maybe I can find something by Neil Gaiman - round out Ethel's literary exposure a little and cut down my Bookalanche list in one swoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. :)